Google, as I have mentioned before, I totally dig your search engine; it’s the tops. I pretty much use it everyday and think it’s way better than the 1/4 set of Encyclopedia Britannica I grew up with (I could only ever do reports on things at the beginning of the alphabet). As far as your search engine goes I’m happy, but you’ve been doing all sorts of things lately that are just freakin’ me out! Why don’t I go ahead and list them for ya…
- You started buying out the Internet: youtube, Picnik, Feedburner, what else am I missing? Basically, you are everywhere.
- You created Google Friend Connect and asked me to use it on my blog, which I did and then you told me that because I’m not on Blogger (owned by you…like I said, you are everywhere) you are going to take it away from me. Not cool.
- Now I find out you are taking Picnik away too!
- You’ve also deprecated Feedburner’s API (another product you told me to use), which makes me totally nervous because although you say you have “no current plans” to get rid of it, it’s the “current” part that scares me.
- You keep ramming google+ down my throat. You tell me it’s cool that you are discontinuing GFC and Picnik because I can just replace them with google+ features. Seems a little “bait and switch” to me. If google+ succeeds it should be based on its merits, not because you are forcing me to use it in lieu of services I was already using.