I am a fan of a certain fast-food breakfast sandwich and have been known to recreate it at home. Inspired by a pin on Pinterest that was pinned from a post on Macheesmo, I decided to make a few and freeze them so that Unknown Papi could grab one on the mornings that he leaves the house before the sun is up.
Making these egg, sausage, and cheese breakfast sandwiches makes them healthier than the ones you can buy at a certain fast-food chain. Give them a try.
- 6 eggs
- 6 whole grain English muffins
- 6 pre-cooked frozen sausage patties (I used vegetarian sausage patties)
- 6 slices of cheese of your choice
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Crack eggs into a lightly oiled muffin tin and salt if desired. I put the muffin tin in a water bath so that the eggs would cook evenly, but you don’t have to if you don’t mind browning. Cook the eggs for about 15-20.
- While the eggs are cooking, place your sliced English Muffins and frozen pre-cooked sausage on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes to toast and brown. Remove bread and sausage from oven and place sliced cheese on top of sausage.
- Once everything is out of the oven, assemble the individual sandwiches.
- Once they’ve cooled, wrap them in plastic wrap or whatever you like, and freeze them.
- Unwrap and reheat in oven, toaster-oven, or microwave.
Do you have any quick breakfast ideas that I can steal?