When I was “single”, I didn’t really date around much. I was more of a serial monogamist with some occasional overlap. I never really felt comfortable dating around because I always knew if I really liked someone or not and if I really liked someone then there didn’t seem to be much point in seeing someone else.
There was a very brief period where I was between relationships and “saw” a few people at the same time. And you know what? It was kind of fun. It was light and commitment-free and no one was upset by the arrangement.
Lately, I’ve been dating around again and it is delightful. Don’t worry Unknown Papi knows all about it and he’s totally into it too, only because it is “play-dating” around.
We’ve been scheduling semi-regular playdates with different parents and kids and it has been so much fun. Let’s face it, kids should playdate around; it’s good for them and it’s good for the parents.
Here are a few of the benefits of playdating around:
- You can wear the same outfit to different dates and no one will know.
- It keeps things fresh.
- You are allowed to talk about the other parents and kids you are “dating” without anyone’s feelings getting hurt.
- No one minds if you “date” both girls and boys.
- There are no strings attached.
- You don’t depend on any one date too much.
- If the parents get along, but the kids not so much…it’s okay because the opposite might be true on your next date. Swapping works well in this case.
And here I thought my dating days were through.